The purpose of this agreement is to set out the commercial terms between the customer and Azurite as a third party facilitator This is to also assist you in understanding what Azurite’s responsibilities are to you as the client, and what your responsibilities are as the client.
- Cancellation with 30 or more days’ notice: Cancellation before 30 days will incur an AUD 1250 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation within 29 days or less: All surgery packages canceled less than 30 days before the scheduled surgery date will lose 30% of their total invoice price
- Cancellation within 7 days: Cost of surgery is forfeited unless Azurite Package is rescheduled
- Cancellation on the day of surgery: The cost of surgery is forfeited unless Azurite Package is rescheduled within the travel time window (departure flight window).
- If a client decides to not proceed with a scheduled surgery during their stay in Thailand or another Azurite location, they will incur an additional hospital package fee if they choose to proceed with the surgery at a later date.
- There are no refunds on surgeries that you choose not to proceed with if you are on a multi-surgery package due to the discount given.
- All packages are quoted on a standardised amount of hospital and accommodation nights. Suppose a client needs to extend their package days for any reason. Azurite will invoice the client a daily package rate of AUD 150 for any additional nights.
Warranty of work – During your package, any fault of the surgeon or issue will be rectified prior to your departure. However, off your surgery package, you will incur a revision fee of $2000 USD to account for hospital and operating room costs. Please note this fee, excludes accommodation and support staff. So please ensure you discuss any issues while in Thailand with our staff.
3. The ‘Pre-Consultation’ quote is subject to change upon your consultation at the hospital. This situation may arise if additional procedures are required, any procedures are removed, or if any unknown underlying medical conditions are discovered and require treatment prior to surgery.
4. Services included in the ‘Pre-Consultation’ quote are as follows:
a) Accommodation at the hospital or specified hotel
b) Transfers to and from the airport
c) Personal Assistant for pre-surgery interactions and post-surgery healing
d) Transfers to and from hotel and to the hospital
e) All hospital room charges
f) Medication and supplies used in relation to your procedure
g) Required medical equipment
h) Any required testing in relation to the procedure quoted
i) Anaesthesiologist charges except where explicitly stated otherwise
j) Nursing services at the hospital as specified with your procedure
5. Customers must cover their own costs in relation to services that do not form part of the ‘Pre-Consultation’ quote. Services not included in the ‘Pre-Consultation’ quote include (but are not limited to) the following:
a) Charges for additional nights at the hospital
b) Charges for an extra bed at the hotel
c) Special nursing, phone charges and additional meals and drinks at the hotel (whether in-room or out of room) outside of those stated in your package
d) Pre-operative studies such as laboratory tests, radiology studies etc for pre-existing diseases or conditions
e) Treatment of underlying conditions
f) Unforeseen complications that might arise indirectly from your surgical procedure post operatively
g) Flights to and from country of origin
h) Insurance of any kind
i) Tours or outings
j) Any time spent in the hotel or hospital beyond the specified dates in the ‘Pre-Consultation’ quote and final confirmation
k) Meals, unless supplied by the hospital (buffet breakfasts are included in Azurite Packages)
l) Travel outside of the itinerary provided
m) Airport or departure taxes, laundry services, road tolls
n) Cost of visas, passport issuance or any other travel related costs not included in the ‘Pre Consultation’ quote.
o) Costs incurred by factors outside Azurite’s control such as poor weather, security risk, strikes, war or conflict or defective transport services or otherwise acts of God (Force Majeure)
We are so excited you have decided to embark on your transformative surgery journey with Azurite. However, before you proceed, it’s imperative to understand the following implications risks before undergoing surgery as well as COVID.
Risks and complications
Our surgeons are ISAPS certified Plastic & Reconstructive surgeons, but any surgery can come with risks. Surgery is an emotional journey and comes with risks and possible complications (for more information on risks, please visit the services page on our website: http://azurite.com.au/services/.) We cannot guarantee perfect results or post-surgery healing; results vary based on the individual’s health, age, weight and desired outcome.
We recommend all clients undertake surgery insurance in the unlikely event that they may require revision surgery. This insurance will ensure your accommodation and flights are covered along with any medically necessary surgical procedures related to the previous surgery.
Azurite’s chosen surgeons and hospital provide the highest standard of surgery and hospital care, as well as our trained team on site. Azurite documents the progress of your healing daily to communicate with the surgeon. If you develop concerns during your package, we will take the appropriate steps to ensure you appropriately heal and manage your healing process. However, once you are outside of your package or in your home country, you must ensure you maintain a high level of wound management to avoid complication. Airline travel carries high risk with wounds that are not healed – so you must ensure you keep your wounds clean at all times during the flight home. If at any time, you develop an infection while at home, you must consult your personal GP. It is also highly recommended to check in with your GP when you arrive home. Although it is rare to develop an infection beyond superficial, if you do develop an infection during your stay, Azurite will provide the necessary medication. You can request to be tested for the super bug, (small cost may be applied to your test and responsibility of the client)
Post-surgery aftercare/Medical Advice
Although Azurite can offer suggestions on healing, we cannot legally provide medical advice on surgery or during post-surgery aftercare. You must consult the surgeon during your pre and post-surgery consults for personal medical advice. Azurite quotes based on the surgeon’s recommended program of package stay and hospital duration and cannot alter this. Hospital stays are based on one- two-three nights, including the operation night itself, but depending on how you are healing, you may go home a night early. If you find you are not happy with the usual hospital stay of 2-3 nights, you must pay for an additional night directly to the hospital.
Once you arrive at the hotel, Azurite provides an onsite nurse, but their services are not 24 hours and are not to be relied on as it is a value-added service at no cost to your package. As part of the package, Azurite allows clients travel with a companion at no extra cost, so it is advised you bring a companion to assist with physical and emotional support.
Depression and anxiety
It is essential to understand that if you suffer from anxiety or depression, surgery can make this worse during the healing process. You must not use surgery to resolve any ongoing mental health issues. Your GP can also be a
great source of advice for how to manage this. If you find you are suffering more than usual, you can call the helplines below:
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
- Lifeline NZ – 0800 543 354
- Beyond Blue –1300 22 4636
Azurite is a third-party liaison for the surgeon as such Azurite, and our onsite team of onsite staff are not responsible for a client’s post-surgery healing. Azurite provides daily communication and wound management as an added service, but clients must recognise it is their responsibility to attend to wounds, protect wounds, and seek your doctor’s advice.